Saturday, July 17, 2010

trip wrapup

we shopped around canandaqua on wed we found a cool egg shaped light fixture a mustard print quilt and a few other treasures. We had to be in Rochester for a international family reunion on wed. night so off we went. The event was fun and informative. Leaving there on Sat morning we drove to Port Clinton on the lake ate in a nice pub and stayed in Fremont Ohio again. We looked in Antique Week trying to find something fun to do. We found an auction in Leymon just 20miles from where we were. Had a great time. Got some cool old rugs a nice rosewood cabinet, vintage clothes. One dress is so neat, its pre civil war, a brown print, whats really cool is that a insert was put in the front to make it a maternity dress. Underneath it is the original row of buttons that were the front. Had to make do. The front looks great but the back is very damaged. Also got a 1860 sampler made by a 13 year old girl as a memorial for her , I think grandfather. I`m keeping it , I took it to be correctly framed as it had been re framed in the 50s on masonite.
Since our return I have been working hard in the shop. I have made the space behind the counter look like a general store.
I did one whole window and refreshed the other and made space for a new dealer. Whew I`m tired! you all come see!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you finished the trip. Hope you are getting these comments. It looks like you are doing it right .I should show up now as a follower.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete